Assertiveness is the quality of being self-assured and confident without being aggressive. In the field of psychology and psychotherapy, it is a learnable skill and mode of communication.
Poor communication may often lead to unhealthy relationships which may subsequently result in increased stress. Assertiveness skills lie at the heart of good interpersonal communication and poor assertiveness skills can lead to the development of a variety of problems. If we are unable to say ‘no’ to other people we run the risk of being overwhelmed by their demands. If we fail to speak up for ourselves, express personal feelings or thoughts then we are unlikely to feel comfortable or fulfilled with our identities. On the other hand if we can only communicate in an aggressive or manipulative way we may fail to develop healthy or trusting relationships.
Rave Institutes Assertiveness training is a structured intervention aimed at improving the effectiveness of communication skills in all these areas and involves a number of components:
- Understanding the underlying principles of assertiveness.
- Recognizing the different styles of communication.
- Identifying specific situations in which we would like to become more assertive.
- To prepare, rehearse or role play a different, more assertive response.
- Transferring that behaviour into ‘real life’ situations.
How You Will Benefit
- Gain the essentials of assertiveness
- Practice assertive behaviors through verbal, vocal and visual techniques
- Address assertiveness issues in both your personal life and business life
- The art of saying ‘no’
- Dealing with aggressive and submissive behaviour
- Apply your newly learned assertiveness skills to relevant on-the-job situations
Gain more confidence, decisiveness and respect with assertiveness training!