Negotiation is vital for an organization’s overall effectiveness. Organizational effectiveness is a product of activities within a system – internal and external. Negotiation is critical to establishing the internal system (structure, people, functions, plans, measures, etc), and the organization’s relationship to the external system (markets, suppliers, technology, etc). Negotiation is also critical in optimising the performance of activities internally and externally (principally through communication, by people).
Good sales negotiation can easily add 10% to sales revenues, which arguably goes straight to the bottom line as incremental profit. Good purchasing negotiation can easily save 10% of the cost of bought in products and services, which again arguably goes straight to the bottom line as extra profit. Good negotiation by managers in dealing with staff can easily reduce staff turnover by 5-10%, which reduces recruitment and training costs by at least the same %, as well as improving quality, consistency and competitive advantage, which for many companies is the difference between ultimate success and failure. Good negotiation by executives with regulatory and planning authorities enables opening new markets, developing new technologies, and the choice of where the business operates and is based, all of which individually can make the difference between a business succeeding or failing.
Negotiation is an integral part of creating value for the organization. Your success depends on your personal skills as a negotiator, whether you are seeking resources for your project or team, deciding on a new hire’s salary, or inking a high-stakes deal for your company.
In this negotiation skills training program at Rave Institutes, you will gain insight into the habits of dealmakers as you build your own skills. Through a series of group exercises, you will learn how to execute proven tactics, refine your personal negotiating style, and improve your ability to bargain successfully and ethically in any situation. Along the way, you will gain new appreciation for how negotiating skills can help you overcome a wide range of challenges—at work and beyond.
How you will Benefit:
- Improve negotiations by managing your emotions and influencing others
- Build positive, productive relationships with all parties at the table
- Create value and “enlarge the pie” to produce win-win outcomes
- The 5 top reasons why negotiations fail
- The games some people play
- 10 tactics which will always help
- Dealing with irrational people and challenging relationships
- Improving communication by listening and asking questions
- Making offers at the right time and in the right way
- Transforming competition into cooperation—and opponents into partners
- Managing teams of negotiators more effectively
- Recognizing when to walk away from the table