It’s what you don’t say counts!
Body language is one of the most essential aspects of expression. In fact, it is said that humans communicate more through body language than through verbal communication.
As a leader in our generation it is up to you to make sure you know how to utilize your body language to the fullest and express yourself in the correct manner. Two people can actually send over 800 different nonverbal signals during a thirty-minute talk. That is a staggering number. If you focus on the verbal exchange and ignore the non-verbal exchange then you happen to stand at an extremely high chance of failing to get your point across.
Research has shown that we make a total of 11 crucial decisions about each other from non-verbal cues. In short, we tend to judge a book by its cover. Once someone labels you, for example as “likeable or “unlikeable”, all of your subsequent actions will be viewed through those filters. Make your first non-verbal impression accurately represents you. There should be a synergistic relationship between your verbal and non-verbal communication.
There are four different nonverbal signs that people look for in leaders in our modern day. Those four are status and authority, and warmth and empathy. The most effective leaders manage to employ the right signals to enhance their communication. Rave Institutes’ Body Language Training is activity-driven and aims to increase levels of self-awareness and maximize communication effectiveness and impact at the workplace. The goal of this course is to elevate your awareness of non-verbal communication skills to the same level as spoken communication and listening skills.
How you will benefit:
- Use body language to enhance personal impact, presence and command over listeners
- Build rapport via body language
- Understanding the difference between aggressive and assertive body language
- Develop positive relationships through use of body language
- Control any negative hidden messages through body language
- Reading and reacting positively to signals from other people’s body language
- Read and interpret other people’s signals
- Use body language to help manage tension and conflict
- Understand non-verbal communication skills for negotiation and presentation scenarios
- Understand non-verbal communication skills in a cross cultural context
- Identify non-verbal communication skills that influence others
- Demonstrate active listening
- Analyze the impact that non-verbal communication has on making a first impression
- Awareness and tools to the transmit leadership and assertiveness towards subordinates