“Conflict is inevitable, but combat is optional.” — Max Lucade
Conflict is inevitable, in the workplace and in life, but it doesn’t have to stand between you and your organization’s growth. There are positive and negative outcomes to conflict. What makes conflict negative or positive is the way in which it is handled.
Conflict Management is an essential part of building emotional intelligence and nurturing relationships. Poorly handled conflict can affect the employees and customers both, in turn impacting the company’s bottom line. To maintain competitive advantage, your employees must have excellent conflict management skills, to quickly and effectively resolve conflict, while building trust and commitment with customers and colleagues.
Rave Institutes Conflict Management course teaches participants how to manage emotions during conflict while working collaboratively toward a win/win resolution. It will provide you with an understanding of the causes, stages and behaviour surrounding conflict in the workplace, as well as steps and strategies for resolving positive outcomes.
How You Will Benefit:
- WIN/WIN approach
- Separate the 2 sides of every conflict—people and issues
- Expressing emotions without accusation, sarcasm or hostility
- Graceful “exit lines” to postpone a confrontation until emotions are under control
- Assertiveness, the anger antidote: How to ask the right questions
- How to recognize the difference between valid feedback and a personal put-down
- How to avoid the 8 most common pitfalls to giving negative feedback
- Negotiating and persuading
- Dismissing the belief that “criticism” and “disapproval” are synonymous
- How to acknowledge a mistake without over apologizing