Almost all organisations rely on teams – project teams, product development teams, virtual teams, and autonomous working teams to compete in a rapidly changing domestic and global market. The reason for this is the ability of teams to perform at high levels and adapt quickly to escalating demands. Hence in today’s professional environment, more than ever, there is great emphasis placed on team building skills, team communication skills and team management styles.
Team effectiveness is enhanced by a team’s commitment to reflect and perform on-going evaluation. In addition to evaluating accomplishments in terms of meeting specific goals, for teams to be high-performing it is essential for them to understand their development as a team. Hence team members need to constantly sharpen their skills as team initiatives often fail due to improper implementation, conflict and competition. Team Building Skills are essential to maintain development and cohesion in the group.
Great teamwork makes things happen more than anything else in organizations. The diagram representing McGregor’s X-Y Theory helps illustrate how and why empowered teams get the best results. Empowering people is more about attitude and behaviour towards staff than processes and tools. Teamwork is fostered by respecting, encouraging, enthusing, caring for people, not exploiting or dictating to them. Rave Institutes team building training will help arm team leaders with the skills to create and maintain successful teams.
How You Will Benefit:
- Identify and practice new methods of dealing with others that promotes team spirit, cooperation, and open communication.
- Develop simple techniques for creating cohesive work groups.
- Recognise the different team development stages and behaviour.
- Master techniques to manage teams at each stage of development.
- Gain skills that allow positive action to be taken on group performance problems without causing conflict.
- Learn to give criticism in a way that helps the individual and the work group to develop as a team.
- Gain strategies & techniques to ensure effective & productive team meetings.
- Develop great team problem solving & facilitation skills.
- Build trust amongst the team members.
- Foster teamwork & create a supportive team culture.
- Learn to take feedback from others without becoming defensive or angry.
In-house Workshop: The in-house sessions have more than 70% activity based experiential learning methodologies incorporated. The participants are involved in activities that require individuals to work as a cohesive unit. This facilitates learning of concepts through discovery. The concepts thus learnt are then correlated to work place situations through role-plays.
Outbound Training: The participants are taken to an unfamiliar environment and given a set of challenges to solve. The only resource they have, to accomplish these difficult tasks are their own group members. This enhances the spirit of interdependence and drives learning at a faster rate.